Tuesday, December 16, 2008

be with you

it is 3:44 a.m. and i am gaining a new love for rich mullins. sometimes he seems very prophetic because he sings about death a lot and died a publicized death in a tragic plane crash. he does make death sound very beautiful, like a homecoming, the way i think god desires for us to look at it.


Everybody each and all
We're gonna die eventually
And it's no more or less our faults
Than it is our destiny
So now, LORD, I come to You
Asking only for Your grace
You know what I've put myself through
All those empty dreams I chased

And when my body lies in the ruins
Of the lies that nearly ruin me
Will You pick up the pieces
That were pure and true
And breathe Your life into them
And set them free

And when You start this world over
Again from scratch
Will You make me anew
Out of the stuff that lasts
Stuff that's purer than gold is
And clearer than glass could ever be
Can I be with You?
Can I be with You?

No comments:

Post a Comment